To call or not to call, that is the question

On saturday I went shopping with my mom, aunt, and cousin. It was a great outlet mall and it had tons of awesome deals! I got a guess wallet for $25. Two concealers for Loreal for $20 total. Some playtex panty hose for pretty cheap.. can't remember the price. And Coach sunglasses for $70 (my mom wanted to get me those for Christmas). All in all it was a great day. Long. But great. My mom also saw one of the teen mom's from mtv's sixteen and pregnant.. shopping. She said she had a baby carrier with her and everything. But, I digress, back to the story.

Then we went out to eat and I started talking to my cousin about the job I interviewed for. My aunt and cousin have both worked for this boss and that is how I got the interview. It's been a month since the interview. After two weeks I called and inquired about the position and he said that they had to replace someone that stepped down "suddenly". And that I would hear back in a week or two.

Well, I talked to my cousin and he was telling the truth. He has been busy finding a replacement for her. But it has officially been two weeks since the phone call and I want to call again. This is where the difference of opinion came into play. My aunt thinks I should wait until after the holidays to call again. But "after the holidays" is like three weeks away. And I don't think two calls in a month constitutes bugging anyone.

The real reason why I want to call is because I just want an answer. If it is no .. now is the best time to start looking for new jobs because new budgets come in Jan. And if it is yes.. well then great I can't wait to start. But at this point, I need an answer. The last time I called he said I was still on the table for consideration.. and I know he's busy filling this other position. But what the heck.. there were only three applicants.. including me. I feel like it has been ample time to make a decision.

I'm not sure now if I should call or not. I want to. But my aunt, who has worked for him for 20 plus years says not to. Does anyone have any advice for me??


ShellSpann said...

I think you should call!!

BB said...

Thanks Shellspann- I think I'm going to tomorrow! I just won't tell my aunt.

ChopandCut said...

I think you should call too, it shows how much you want the job, just make sure that you let them know thats why you are calling as you are very keen on the job and think you can do it well.


Kristin said...

I don't think that would be considered pushy at all. Hope you called!